Caring for Children
Key College’s CACHE Certificate in Caring for Children Study Programme
Kick-start your career in working with children. Fancy being a Nursery Nurse or Childminder? This could be the course for you.
YMCA Derbyshire’s Study Programme in Caring for Children is a free 34 week course for those aged 16 to 18 (19 to 24 in some cases) leading to Level 1 in Caring for Children from CACHE. This is a roll-on, roll-off course on which you can enrol in any week of the year.
This qualification encourages an understanding of the knowledge and the skills needed to care for young children.
The course covers:
- Sharing learning experiences with children
- Children’s play and leisure activities in the community
- Practical health and safety when with young children
- Understanding learning and development through play
- Technology activities for young children
- Healthy eating for families
- Craft activities for young children
- Supporting babies to play
- Science activities for young children
- Musical activities for young children
- Listening to and talking with a young child
- Preparing for your next steps
It is delivered over 3.5 days a week and includes qualifications in Employability Skills, maths and English. You will benefit from one‐to‐one support, small class sizes and a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. There will also be the opportunity to take part in work experience. You may be eligible for a bursary, if you face financial barriers. At the end of the programme you will gain accredited qualifications that can give you the edge in today’s competitive job market and an ideal platform for further training.
The programme is delivered from our centre on Ashgate Road in Chesterfield and will equip you with a wide range of career-focused skills.
Location 1: 118, Osmaston Road Derby, DE1 2RD
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes