Retail & Customer Service
Key College’s City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Retail Knowledge with Customer Service Study Programme
An introduction to the retail sector for learners looking for work in the industry. It covers all the essential retail and customer service skills that employers are looking for.
Key College’s Study Programme in Retail and Customer Service is a free 34 week course for those aged 16 to 18 (19 to 24 in some cases) leading to Level 1 Certificates in Retail knowledge and Customer Services from City and Guilds. This is a roll-on, roll-off course on which you can enrol in any week of the year.
The course covers:
- Creating a good impression on customers
- Applying legislation, regulation and organisational procedures for customer service
- Dealing with queries and requests
- Answering telephone calls from customers
- Positive communication with customers
- Understanding the business of retail
- Understanding customer service in the retail sector
- Understanding how a retail business maintains health, safety and security on its premises
- Understanding the selling process
- Understanding how individuals and teams contribute to the effectiveness of a retail business
- Understanding the control, handling and replenishment of stock
- Understanding the handling of customer payments in a retail business
It is delivered over 3.5 days a week and includes qualifications in employability and personal development, maths and English. You will benefit from one to one support, small class sizes and a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. There will also be the opportunity to take part in work experience. You may be eligible for a bursary.
At the end of the programme you will gain accredited qualifications that can give you the edge in today’s competitive job market and an ideal platform for further training.
It is delivered from our centre in Chesterfield (we have an identical course in Ilkeston) and will equip you with a wide range of career-focused skills.
Please email email@example.com, telephone 0115 944 3226, or click the button below to message us.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes